We've declared last week our bug-kill week, and with the help of our users who provided us with bug reports, suggestions and ideas on how to improve the Beta further, we're were able to make some great progress and are now almost without fear to leave our computer screens for a couple of minutes.
Time for some new features!
What we are focusing on these days:
Improving the comment system
- You can remove your comments, writers can delete comments on their articles.
- The comments in the third layer collapse after the fifth post to maintain overview.
- Remove single picture upload. We're developing an Ajax upload that will save entire folders, so you can upload and edit images easily.
- Larger pictures in the picture view. We're currently working on an improved layout for the photospreads. More space for images require an intelligent shift of the sidebars - we'll see :)
- At the end of the week you'll be able to promote your articles on your social media accounts via Newsgrape. Exciting!
Actually we've also announced daily reports on the progress of our bug-Hunt, but unfortunately we were a little too tired in the evenings after all. At least here is an overview on the stuff we've focused on the last couple of days, much is online already, much will come tomorrow morning:
- Comments can no longer be saved with placeholder text
- relevant fields now open the login popup
- fixed the error when saving Stories
- Adding e-mail addresses when logging in via Twitter / Facebook / Google allows
- also allows the creation of passwords, transforming them into "real" profiles
- Comment counter revised
- Media files rearranged
- some template corrections
- presentation of comments improved
- tusername will no longer appear if the real name is set to visible
- sorting article on the article overview /a activated
- setup /new for sorting articles by publication date
- the reading preferences of non-registered visitors for better products proposals will only be stored 24
- Deleting comments by the creator (or author of the article) is now possible
- own comments can no longer be marked
- extensive tests run
- tidied up atabases
- Server infrastructure monitoring
- Fixed translation problems
- General small corrections in a number of templates
- Improvements to the E-Go
- Redis in messaging system up and running
- as well as in creating and editing
- minor fixes and improvements in the messaging system
Don't forget to tell your friends about Newsgrape, lets make some action here =)